If you would like to be a part of making Phoenix College history, apply to be the “Student Speaker” for the 2018 Phoenix College Commencement Ceremony!
To be considered for this honor, please submit the following:
- A one page personal letter discussing why you should be selected to be the Student Speaker.
- A draft of your 3-minute speech (approximately 500-600 words). The purpose of the speech is to welcome the audience to the commencement ceremony.
- Include your personal contact information (email, telephone, etc.) as to how we may reach you.
*Submissions must be received by Friday, March 9th by 4:00 p.m. via e-mail to email@example.com
Applicants will receive a reply via e-mail that their information has been submitted.
Finalists will be contacted to schedule their audition time, in which they will present their speech to the Selection Committee.
You must be graduating and attending the commencement ceremony on May 11th, 2018.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Content of speech.
- Organization of speech.
- Appropriateness for welcoming the audience to the commencement ceremony.
- Time limit (completed in 3 minutes).
- Ability to appropriately represent the 2018 graduating class of Phoenix College.
If you are selected as the “Student Speaker” for Commencement, you will be expected to rehearse (and revise if necessary) your speech with a faculty mentor from the Communication Department.
For further information, contact Gene Heppard at 602.285.7962.
Good luck to all applicants!